Taste and Travel Tuesdays
December 1st, 8th and 15th
How It Works
Sign up for one, two or three virtual wine tasting classes. Classes are $15 each, save $10 when you sign up for all three!
Purchase your wines for tasting. Order the wines from Empire Wines or buy a locally sourced wine from the region. Click on the wines in the class descriptions below to see the wines described for the tasting. While it’s always fun to taste the same wine as the class, it’s up to you if you buy one or two wines, and exactly which ones you purchase.
Receive a Zoom link the day of the tasting. Sign in at 6:30, and get ready to taste!
‘Choosing a bottle of wine should be fun, not frightening. After all, one of the most important elements of enjoying wine is not so much the vintage or the vineyard but the occasion on which it is enjoyed’, according to Dorothy Gaitner and John Brecher, authors of Wine for Every Day and Every Occasion.
We have a number of occasions to celebrate in the coming weeks and months. We will again be tasting some wonderful wines you can pair with meals, share with your close group of friends or family, or pass along as gifts during this holiday season. We won’t be looking so much at a wine region, but what travel options are available during this continuing pandemic. Our Wines for the Holidays begins our third Taste and Travel Tuesday series beginning November 17th a FREE class. Please go to WineNotWine.org for additional wine suggestions for each of these classes.
Classes will be on Tuesdays at 6:30pm for approximately 75 minutes. We will Zoom you in!
Debbie Ruskin – email@example.com
Sandra Standel – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Wittstock – email@example.com
FREE Thanksgiving Tasting Class
- Tasting – pick out your own favorite California Chardonnay and Oregon Pinot Noir
- Speaker – Wine Educator, Debbie Ruskin, will share how these wines pair with your upcoming traditional Thanksgiving meal.
Wines to Give
- Tastings – Chateau Senejac Haut Medoc, Bordeaux Franc and Blandy’s Maderia
- Or, purchase a Bordeaux from the Haut Medoc area and a Maderia.
- Speaker – Ms. Ruskin opens us up to some European wonders that can be enjoyed for years to come, as the world awaits our return to travel.
Wines for Christmas
- Tastings – Charles Krug Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 and Soter Vineyards ‘North Valley’ Chardonnay 2017.
- Or purchase a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and an Oaked Chardonnay from Willamette Valley, Oregon.
- Speaker – Ms. Ruskin returns to uncork some Christmas surprises, besides the wines, other presents for wine lovers.
New Years Celebration
- Tasting – Gruet Blanc do Noirs Brut NV and Segura Viudas Heredad Brut Reserve NV.
- Or purchase an American Blanc du Noirs and a Brut style Cava from Spain.
- New Years is a world wide celebration and isn’t the world glad to see 2020 end!
- Speaker – Ms. Ruskin returns to uncork the New Year with some unexpected bubbly. Ms. Standel will present travel ideas for the winter season ahead.
After you register, order the six wines online from our partners again at EmpireWine.com, in time for the December 1st tastings. The six wines will cost approximately $132, plus shipping. Or, you can purchase wines locally, as detailed in the class description.